Join us Saturday, May 19th at McKinney Falls Lower Trail for an easy hike and moderate Yoga session. We’ll meet at 8:45am for the meet and greet, and hit the trail at 9:00am. Sign up in advance as spaces fill quickly!
This Texas State Park has turned into one of our favorite parks to hike, swim and practice Yoga. The beauty is awe-inspiring. Join Yoga Hike founder Christopher Howell for this beautiful morning event. He will be bringing snacks provided by Fit Joy.
Hike level: Easy/Moderate
Yoga level: Gentle/Moderate
Here is information you will help you gain the most from the experience with the most ease.
- There is a $6 per person park fee (car-pool with someone if you can)
- Most of this trail is smooth, so any comfortable shoes or hiking boots will be fine. Flipflops are strongly discouraged.
- Bring water
- Small Snack
- Swimsuit (optional)
- Hike-friendly yoga mat (optional) or Towel (for knees)
- Extra pair of socks
- Gloves (optional)
- iPhone or GoPro Camera (optional…we will make time for photo taking from a breathtaking view.)
- A smile and sense of adventure (optional, but highly recommended! :))
Location: 5808 McKinney Falls Parkway Austin, TX 78744
Parking:Lower Falls Trail Parking Lot…look for the Sara and the signs.
Time: Meet at 8:45am for meet & greet. We will hit the trail at 9:00am.
The Trail: After a brief introduction and warm-up we will take a brisk hike along the 2.8 mile Homestead Trail, stopping at a few places for Asanas and Final Meditation at the Rock Shelter.